FULL TIME STUDENT ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Enrollment as a full-time student requires students to complete a minimum of 6 classes (3 credits) each semester. Students must complete the designated minimum number of activities each week and meet the minimum time requirements for weekly participation. All students must agree to be on site on their designated cohort days.
To apply for enrollment at the Valley Online Learning Center, students must:
Be high school age and not yet 21 years of age
Be a Colorado resident
Reside in the Weld Re-1 School District and be registered as a Valley High School student. If you are not enrolled at Valley High School you must do so before filling out the VOLC enrollment application.
1. Students and parents/guardians review the program information on the Valley High School website.
2. Students and parents/guardians complete and submit the enrollment application – the required Student Statement of Application must be written and submitted by students (NOT parents/guardians).
3. Once the application and enrollment assignment are received, the student and parent/guardian will receive an email invitation to attend a REQUIRED orientation session. Orientation sessions will be held weekly on Tuesdays beginning at 3:00 pm in room 101 of Valley High School. Parents/guardians are REQUIRED to attend the orientation with their student.
5. Once verification of attendance at an orientation session is received, a guidance appointment with the student's counselor and VOLC director will be scheduled. This appointment will include a review of the student’s transcript and the development of a graduation plan. Parents/guardians are encouraged to attend this appointment, but it is not required.
6. Upon completion of the guidance appointment, students will be fully enrolled and will begin attending on the following Tuesday.ENROLLMENT APPLICATION FORM LINK